This project involved master planning, narthex/gathering space, classrooms, offices and other interior remodeling. The new narthex is located between the original 1928 structure and the 1955 addition and has a new accessible entrance on the street side. The narthex provides access to the sanctuary and large meeting hall while also containing the new elevator that provides access for the disabled to 4 major levels. On the west side of the 1955 building, the office was expanded to include three staff offices and a large reception/work room. The project also included fire sprinklers for the entire building, a new nursery, and remodeling of the fellowship hall. Mankato limestone details were used on the exterior facade to tie the new addition in with the original limestone-clad building.
St. James Lutheran Church
West St. Paul, MN